Air ducts in your homes and office provide fresh gulp of air and exchange of gases from the inside and outside. Ducts are prone to accumulate a lot of dirt, dust and debris and with time it can start to pose serious effect on your health and indoor air quality. Dust is also loaded with bacteria and germs which can cause many diseases. Another serious problem that can affect your ducts is mould. Mould is a fungus that can affect any part of your home or office. Mould is very hazardous and spreads very rapidly. Any exposure to mould can cause many allergies and irritations while mould spores can cause respiratory problems. Moisture and unhygienic ducts promote mould growth and it appears as a thick black layer on the duct. You can hire professional Duct Cleaning Services for duct mould infestation isn’t severe. You should follow this easy guide for Duct Mould Removal at home. Follow the steps given below and get rid of mould from your ducts easily.
Materials You Need;
1. Liquid soap or Detergent
2. Baking Soda
3. Vacuum cleaner with an extendable hose
4. Air Vent brus
5. A microfiber cloth
6. Cordless Drill
Steps for Duct Mould Removal:
- Step 1: First you will take out all the registers and lids of vents and ducts. Start by washing them with wet cloth and detergent. Make sure all the lids and registers are clean and dirt free. Now use a detergent-water solution and a long brush to clean the ducts. Rub the surface of duct walls repeatedly and rub the floor as well. Keep brushing and removing all the sticky mud and debris lying around. Wipe the mould vigorously and keep scrubbing till all the blackness is removed.
- Step 2: Carry out Duct Mould Removal by using baking soda. Add baking soda to the detergent-water solution and rinse a cloth in this solution. Rub the mould infected places with this clothing. Repeat rubbing till the blackness persists. Now leave this baking soda solution on the walls and floors of ducts.
- Step 3: Since the ducts are dry now you should now clean them with an air vent brush. Attach the brush to a cordless drill and run it all along the walls and floors of ducts. Clean and remove all the debris and soda left in the ducts and keep brushing till no sign of dirt or soda is seen. Reach every corner and part of the duct and make sure you don’t leave any mould or soda within the ducts.
- Step 4: Now after duct mould removal you should vacuum clean the ducts, Attach an extendable hose to the vacuum and use it to clean the ducts. Run the hose to every part of ducts and extract any remaining dirt, dust or debris. Keep repeating till every inch of the duct is vacuumed.
Hire SK Cleaning Services Australia
SK Cleaning Services will provide its customers with professional duct cleaning services round the clock. We have experienced professional duct cleaners who clean and maintain your ducts. We utilize the latest tools and equipment and provide you with the best Duct Cleaning results. Our professional duct cleaning services are always available for you at affordable costs.