It is highly important to take proper care for maintaining air ducts to make sure that they provide fresh breathable air round the clock with proper functioning well. It’s a very simple task to check that your air ducts are dirty or not. Simply open your air vent cover and inspect of any dust and dirt on the surface of your vent filters. Ducts are also prone to the infestation of mould. Mould is a fungus. A black layer sticking to the walls of ducts will be a bad mould to your vent. If you see such hard moulds then immediately go for duct dirt removal and duct mould removal to get rid of such hard stains. To examine the extent of dirtiness in the ducts and get them cleaned completely always hire a professional Duct Cleaning service to do the job done perfectly. Professional duct cleaners can deal with any sign of mould infestation from your ducts by applying strong anti-mould chemicals and providing duct decontamination and duct sanitization as well. Follow the given below steps for knowing that your ducts are dirty and require cleaning;
How To Check If Your Ducts are Dirty and Unhygienic:
- Simply inspect for dust and debris which is stuck inside your ducts and the amount of quantity of dirt.
- Take proper steps before cleaning ahead.
- Gently with the help of clean fresh water mixed with detergent clean the dirty surface area.
- You can use a wet sponge to clean the corners and the filter.
- Make sure that the blower blades are free from dirt and oil.
- The blower should always be checked because it helps in maintaining the speed of the flow as well as temperature.
- Inspect if the dust and mud stuck on the coils of your air conditioner.
- The coil fins must be equally spaced and also they should not be bends and curves.
- The draining pan of the coil should work properly and there should be no spot of water leakage.
- Check your HVAC system fully and if it shows any sign of forced air then there is a problem inside your system which has to be checked and repaired immediately.
- Always remember that the air plenum for moisture, stains and any contamination.
- All the filters should be fitted properly.
- The return air plenum should always be free of dust and debris.
How To Take Care Of Your Ducts
- Make sure all the vents are cleaned properly and all the ducts too.
- Clean your premises regularly by proper vacuuming.
- Use a humidifier or dehumidifier if necessary.
- Keep the cooling coils of the air conditioner maintained and
check if the duct is sealed or not
Hire Sk Cleaning Services
At Sk Cleaning Service, we are the top professional duct cleaning service provider all over Melbourne. Our professional duct cleaners are experts in dealing with any kind of cleaning ducts by routine duct cleaning done on time and by utilizing the latest equipment and tools we can offer you guaranteed results within 24 hours. for Duct Repair, duct mould removal and duct decontamination in no time.